Breast Augmentation is explained as a process of fat transfer to breast. This is one of the many treatments that women go for today. This treatment is also commonly known as fat grafting. This is a natural method of transferring fats from problematic parts like the thighs, back, arms, and abdomen by Liposuction. Once that is done, the liquidated tissue is injected into the breast for enhancement.
However, there is Lipofilling, and this has been used for many years in shaping, balancing, or positioning the reconstructed breast. This method has worked well through the years, and professional doctors thought they might be able to enhance breasts by using Fats. This procedure does not involve major surgery. However, since Fats transfer to breasts is still new, we’re not sure how long the success will last and if it will exist in the long run.
Just like any other cosmetic surgery, it has its pros and cons in which an individual should consider before proceeding. At Fine Arts Skin and Laser, we advocate beauty enhancement and confidence. However, our client’s health is our number one priority. Read on to understand more about the procedures, and it’s pros and cons.
Let’s start with the pros or benefits of this procedure.
- This is a natural procedure that is done without implants. Fat transfer to breasts is entirely logical since it is from the body itself, it is just a matter of transferring it to the breast, you don’t need to worry about your breasts looking fake or too enhanced.
- Since fats are being taken out from one part of your body, you’ll get both outcomes of reshaping your body and, at the same time firming your breasts. This process is called Liposuction of Fats transferring, where you get a flatter tummy and naturally enhanced breasts.
- Tiny incisions will be injected into the breasts during the fat transfer procedure. This will leave no scarring. This is definitely a plus point. It would be as if no procedure was done, making the breasts looking as natural as possible.
- You don’t need to worry about complications, as this procedure is naturally executed.
- Fat transfer to breast has some sensation and feels soft, unlike the other implants and unreconstructed breasts.
Next, let’s go with the cons or drawbacks of this procedure.
- As a fat transfer to the breast is natural, only one cup size enhancement can be done. If you are expecting more massive breasts like three times the size of the improvement, then this procedure may not be for you.
- There is a tendency that the body can reabsorb the fats where it can diminish the enhancement. Though plastic surgeons who perform this procedure put much effort, by adding more fat than what is needed to ensure that the transfer of fats is intact.
- Fat transfer to breast sags, and this becomes worse with aging, pregnancy, genetics, or weight loss. While for implants, they provide the lift that fat transfer cannot.
- Patients would need to wear the Brava device, which is a type of external tissue expander. You should wear it for about four weeks before the procedure, and right after going through the procedure, the expander has to be worn again for a couple of weeks. This is so that the body can be realigned according to the enhanced breasts.
- Fat tissues that are the source of the fat transfer may be exhausted if the reconstruction of fat to breasts does not work on the first procedure itself.
The procedure comes with three simple steps. We need to understand that since this procedure does not involve major surgery, fat transfer to breasts can be carried out by either using the general aesthetic of local aesthetics. Here are three steps:
Step 1: Remove fat or better known as Liposuction This is where the skin will be cut, and a very thin tube will be inserted to suck out small amounts of fats. After this is done, the cuts will be closed with tiny stitches that are not very much visible.
Step 2: Fats preparation In this step, the fats will be transferred into syringes and separated using a centrifuge, and this is where the fat cells and the non-fat cells will be severed, and the latter will be poured out from the syringe while the pure fat cells will be transferred again to smaller syringes.
Step 3: Injection of Fats This is the last step of the procedure. The pure fats that were separated earlier would be injected into the breasts. No stitches will be needed.
The procedure does not take the whole day, though it does take a few hours to be performed on a patient. Once it is done, the patient is free to go home or may need to stay sleepover at the hospital for a night. Much pain may not be felt during the procedure, but there may be some little pain that will go away after a few days or weeks. Painkillers will be given if needed.
During the recovery period, the patient may need to get someone to drive them home. Driving can only be resumed once the feeling of discomfort is gone. The enhanced area will be a bit bruised in the beginning, and some may even experience swelling for a few weeks only. If this happens, a patient will be advised to take leave from work for a couple of weeks. Also, it takes about six months for the fat transfer to take full effect as some of the Fats may be reabsorbed during the few months after the procedure. When that happens, patients need to book for the follow-up session to reach the optimum result.
The main aim is to remove unwanted fats from areas that deform a body shape like the tummy and thigh areas. This is to smoothen and increase the size of the breasts. However, from looking at the pros and cons, it can be said that deciding on going for fat transfer to the breast is a huge decision. Also, you would need to consider the follow-up sessions that are necessary after the first procedure; it would require about 4 to 6 sessions to reach the best results.
Along with these, there is still a lot more information, and you would need to ask a center before deciding to go with them for the procedure. Ask them the following:
- What is their patient satisfaction rating so far?
- What type of follow-up session you should be expecting if the procedure does not work
- What is their track record?
- Have they faced any complications when doing a fat transfer, and how did they solve those complications?
- Are they registered as a GMC Specialist for plastic surgery?
- Are their surgeons trained, especially for fat grafting techniques?
Enhancing the breasts is going to affect the whole body shape, and on top of that, it will give a person an overall new perspective in life. However, despite that, certain adjustments would need to be adapted into one’s lifestyle, from the recovery stage up until maintaining the enhanced breasts. Beauty comes with a hefty price, but so does health. Posture also plays an important role, as the enhanced breasts will now be heavier than before, and the area where the fats have been taken from will feel lighter. So definitely, anyone who will go through this procedure will need to go through some posture therapy, especially in terms of sitting, running, or even walking.
Fine Arts Skin and Laser can provide you the safest and satisfactory result that you have been dreaming of, don’t hesitate to contact them and book your visit.