Laser hair removal has grown in popularity as the technology associated with it has become more convenient and is able to produce better results. Some of the most popular areas to be treated for hair removal include facial hair for women, bikini line hair, as well as the collection of hair that many men have on their chest and back.
The newest innovation in hair removal is the use of Selective Waveband Technology (SWT). The SWT uses controlled pulses of light to ensure the proper wavelength and energy is used to destroy the hair follicle without damaging the surface of the skin. The light energy is absorbed by the pigment in your hair. This energy then travels down the hair shaft and destroys the hair follicle. Once the hair follicle is destroyed, it will prevent future hair growth.
Laser hair removal can be done on both men and women, but the ideal candidate will have light skin and dark hair. This will allow the light energy to react with the pigment in the hair and the treatment to be most effective.
Most patients will need a series of hair removal treatment sessions in order to have optimal results. The hair must be in the growth phase in order to be destroyed. At any given time, approximately 70% of the hair will be in the active or growth phase and 30% will be in the resting phase. Therefore, approximately 70% of the hair in the treatment area will be destroyed in the 1st treatment. 70% of the remaining 30% will be destroyed in the 2nd treatment to yield 90% removal, and so on. Treatments should be scheduled every 4 weeks. This will ensure the hair is in the growth stage and optimal results are achieved with each treatment.
Laser hair removal produces permanent or long-lasting hair reduction. With proper treatment, a good portion of the coarse hair on your body can be removed. This is a great way for you to get the smooth, hairless skin that you want, without the rashes that can occur with a razor.
Make an appointment at Fine Arts Skin and Laser in Dover to see if laser hair removal can work for you. We proudly serve clients in the Akron, Canton and surrounding areas. Contact us today to schedule a consultation!